State of Georgia (1956-2001) GA Rebel Battle Flag 3 X 5 ft. Standard or Double Sided
$24.95 – $34.95
GA Rebel Battle Flag
Size: 3×5 feet
Simply Choose your style: Standard Single Sided or Double Sided
This Georgia Flag was adopted in 1956. The Georgia Flag was replaced in 2001. One city, Trenton, Georgia, adopted it as its city flag.
Before 1879, the state lacked an official state flag, though an 1861 law (during the American Civil War) required that militia units deployed outside the state be provided with regimental flags including the state coat of arms and the name of the regiment. The state code gave no information about colors.
The 1956 flag: The Georgia state flag was changed Feb. 13, 1956, incorporating a Confederate battle emblem into the design, as a response to the Supreme Court rulings on desegregating schools. The original 1956 caption for this photo reads “Two Georgia Democrats, at left, Frank Etheridge and Judge Gus Roan, present a new state flag to Republicans Ray Spitler and W.B. Shartzer to take to the GOP national convention at San Francisco.
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level in Standard Polyester Single Sided or Double Sided is 2 flags sewn back to back with liner inside for longer lasting quality.
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around, Quad Stitched on Fly End of Flag
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades
Check Out Our Entire 1956 Old Georgia Flag Collection Here for Different Sizes & Qualities!
See Full Collection of Historic 2001-2003 GA Flags Available Here!
See Full Collection of Current Georgia State Flags Available Here!