The Ireland Flag was adopted on December 26th, 1922. The Ireland population is mostly made up of Catholics and Protestants. The green stands for Catholics and the Orange stands for Protestants while the white stands for peace between the two.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Cotton Authentic
– Beautiful, full textured and striking
– Cotton weave looks, feels and moves properly
– Designs are embroidered
– Attaches easily to any flag pole
Note on the reverse (backs) of flags: It is standard traditional flag construction that images, words and other adornments on a flag are “backwards” when viewed from behind. It is not correct to sew two standard flags back-to-back in order for them to read the same from both directions.
– Re-enactment, historical drama
– Indoor displays, Museums
– Honor Guards, Color guards*
– Caskets, Memorials, Funerals
– Official Uses, diplomatic display
(NOTE: Not for outdoor or wet use. *May be too heavy for long term marching use. See Nylon flags for lighter alternatives.)