This is the Gonzales Come & Take It Cannon Flag
– In Double Nylon Embroidered Highest Toughest Quality Available.
– Size 4×6′
– Very Durable, Long Lasting Outdoor Permanent All Weather Flag!
Military Quality – Double Nylon Embroidered (2 ply) Gonzales Flag
– Our toughest, most beautiful flags
– Double Ply Nylon is highest rated flag construction
– Twice the thickness and stamina of any other flag
– Designs are embroidered on both sides
– Superior look and feel to printed flags
– Bright thread adds texture and weight
– Long lasting, waterproof, tear and fray resistant material
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability.
– Attaches easily to any flag pole
– Armed conflict, battlefields, military encampments
– Ships at sea, heavy weather, wilderness
– Permanent flag displays (all weather)
– Indoor honor displays, memorials
History of The “Come & Take It” Cannon Flag:
It was September of 1835, and tensions were escalating between the Mexican government and the Texans. Santa Anna sent troops to disarm the Texans, and a force was dispatched to the town of Gonzales to retrieve a small bronze cannon. The Texans refused to turn over the cannon. After some fighting, a meeting was held in the field between the two opposing forces.
Col. John Henry Moore suggested to Lieutenant Francisco de Castañeda that he either surrender and join the Texans in support of the Constitution of 1824, or prepare to fight. Moore pointed to the cannon and told Castañeda that the little cannon was on the field, and he should just try to “Come and Take It”. This now-famous flag was flying over the cannon. Moore turned around and shouted “Fire“—and a shot was fired from the cannon. The Mexican troops immediately wheeled around and withdrew to San Antonio.
The flag, back then called the Old Cannon Flag, was reportedly fashioned by Sarah Seely DeWitt and her daughter, Evaline, from Noami DeWitt’s wedding dress. It was of white cloth, with a lone star above a cannon, and the words “come and take it” beneath the cannon.
Today we call it the:
Gonzales Come and Take It Flag.
Other Sizes of the Historical Gonzales Come and Take it Cannon Flag are listed below:
Standard Quality: 3’x5′ Here, 12×18″ Here, 16 x 24″ Here, Bumper Stickers Here
Military Grade Outdoor Quality: 3×5 Here, 4X6 HERE, AND 5X8 HERE. CUSTOM EVEN LARGER SIZES CAN BE MADE UPON REQUEST. CONTACT US FOR LARGER 6X10, 8X12′ OR 10X15′ SIZES
Traditional Cotton Quality: 16″x24″ Here, 2×3 Here, 3×5 Here, for Larger Sizes- Contact Us for Availability!
We also carry bumper stickers, lapel pins, & more here!
Looking for the Non- Historical M4 Come & Take It Flag? They are Below in various sizes:
12X18″ HERE, CAR FLAGS HERE, 2X3 HERE, 3X5 HERE, 4X6 HERE, AND 5X8 HERE), CUSTOM LARGER SIZES CAN BE MADE UPON REQUEST., CONTACT US FOR LARGER 6X10, 8X12′ OR 10X15′ SIZES
ALSO AVAILABLE IN LICENSE PLATES HERE, STICK FLAGS HERE, BUMPER STICKERS HERE, AND HATS HERE!
Looking for Tactical Black or Texas Version?
Tactical Black M4 Flag It’s Here! Or Texas M4 Come & Take It Flag. It’s Here!