3rd National Confederate Flag Nylon Embroidered 4 x 6 ft.
Used from 4 March 1865 until end of Civil War later in 1865
Following the line of flags adopted for the new confederacy, this is the final version of the flag of the Confederate States of America.
The 2nd flag of the Confederacy, with its white field, had been found to too closely resemble a truce flag. Therefore a red bar was added to the end of the flag with few other changes.
This flag was only used a few months until the destruction of the Confederate government.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Nylon Embroidered
– Designs are embroidered on both sides (not printed)
– Design reads properly on the front side and backwards on the reverse (as per proper flag construction see here)
– Superior look and feel to printed flags
– Bright thread adds texture and weight
– Long lasting, waterproof, tear and fray resistant material
– Double and quad stitched edges all around
– Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
– Attaches easily to any flag pole
– 1 year “no fade, no fray” guarantee
– Outdoor display use on poles
– Permanent flag displays (i.e. not taken down at night/rain)
– Excellent for events indoor/outdoor, parades
– Schools, churches, civic uses