Whiskey Rebellion Flag
The Whiskey Rebellion Flag, has 13 stars surrounding a flying eagle carrying a red and white striped banner in it’s beak. The Whiskey Rebellion flag is a historic flag from the late 1790’s. When the United States government (under the order or Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton) imposed a tax on all mineral spirits, some rebelled and fought back. The sparks that led to this rebellion were of the same flint as those that triggered the American Revolution. The citizens saw this tax as no different than the taxes that they had just freed themselves from against the British in the Revolutionary War. As taxmen were sent around to collect, angry mobs formed and the taxmen were tarred and feathered. This flag came to be the icon of those Americans trying to defend themselves against an unfair tax.
This flag was used briefly, but those who stood beneath it hoped to leave behind a strong legacy. A legacy that portrays a sense that the people of the United States won’t let the government take advantage of us. The Whiskey Rebellion Flag not only represents the fiery nature of the American people, but it shows how the government can’t be trusted with its power. To this day, the Whiskey Rebellion flag is seen as a reminder that we must remain vigilant against an oppressive government overtaxing its citizens.
Size: 3×5 feet
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades
You have not viewed any products yet.