The Alabama Flag was adopted on February 16th, 1895. The cross stands for the Crimson Cross of St. Andrew. The white stands for a white battle field. The Alabama Flag has been flown for over 114 years.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Cotton Authentic
– Beautiful, full textured and striking
– Cotton weave looks, feels and moves properly
– Designs are embroidered
– Attaches easily to any flag pole
Note on the reverse (backs) of flags: It is standard traditional flag construction that images, words and other adornments on a flag are “backwards” when viewed from behind. It is not correct to sew two standard flags back-to-back in order for them to read the same from both directions.
– Re-enactment, historical drama
– Indoor displays, Museums
– Honor Guards, Color guards*
– Caskets, Memorials, Funerals
– Official Uses, diplomatic display
(NOTE: Not for outdoor or wet use. *May be too heavy for long term marching use. See Nylon flags for lighter alternatives.)