Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Great Star Flag - 35 Star Union Flag Civil War - USA Flag 3 x 5 ft. Standard
Great Star Flag – 35 Star Union Civil War Flag
35 Star Great Star Union USA Flag was used from 1863-1865. The 35 stars represent the 35 states admitted to the Union at the time. The stars are in the shape of a star.
Size: 3×5 feet with grommets
- Easily attaches to flag pole with grommets!
One of the most sought after star patterns on American flags is the “Grand Luminary” or “Great Star” pattern, which consists of the smaller stars being arranged to form one great star on the canton. The pattern was designed by Captain Samuel Chester Reid of the United States Navy in 1818. The task set upon by Captain Reid was to design a pattern that would allow for increasing the number of stars on the flag, yet maintain a common distinctive pattern on the flag. While the concept was intriguing and resulted in some of the most interesting and beautiful flags known today, the design was not officially adopted by Congress. Great Star patterns were made from the early 19th century, and were a favorite design during the Civil War, but their use tapered off following the Civil War as the star counts began to make even the Great Star unwieldy, and they all but disappeared from manufacture by the late 19th century.
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole with grommets
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades