Confederate Florida Secession Flag 3 X 5 ft. Standard
This flag goes by a couple of names, including the “Lone Star Flag,” but most commonly it is the “Chase Flag.” It was raised over the navy yard at Pensacola in early 1861, after state of Florida troops took control of the Federal forts and navy yard of Pensacola. Col. William Chase, commanding the Florida troops, directed that this flag be raised to replace the Union flag, until the state government could establish an official one. The flag had thirteen alternating red and white stripes, and a blue field with a single large star in the center. This flag served for eight months, until September of 1861.
When Col. Chase took command of the situation in Pensacola (late 1860), he was 67 and had already had a long and distinguished career in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. After graduating from West Point in 1815, Chase spent 41 years in the army. There were four forts in Pensacola, and he knew them well, having supervised their construction. In fact, he had supervised the construction of all the major forts in the Gulf, including two more close by in Mobile, Alabama – Forts Morgan and Gaines. Chase also built Fort Zachary Taylor on Key West, and Fort Jefferson on Dry Tortugas.
Available Florida Secession Flag in Cotton