Unite or Die Flag – 3 X 5 ft. – Standard – Benjamin Franklin
The Unite or Die Flag is a historically accurate flag based on an illustration circulated by Benjamin Franklin in an attempt to make the case that the American colonies must stick together. The drawing represented various American colonies, with the slogan “Join or die.” Franklin felt the Colonies were too fragmented, too unaligned, that they would be much more powerful if they united
Benjamin Franklin first spoke of the rattlesnake as an American symbol in an article published in 1751. He condemned Great Britain for sending convicts to America, suggesting the colonists should respond by sending rattlesnakes to Britain to be put in the gardens of the nobility.
If you would like our a copy of our article on the history of this flag and the rattlesnake as a symbol against oppression, just let us know.
- – Our most popular quality level
- – 100% synthetic waterproof material
- – Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
- – Bright, fade-resistant inks
- – Double stitched edges all around
- – Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- – Attaches easily to any flag pole with grommets
- – Fair weather outdoor display
- – Light weight lets flags fly well even in light breeze
- – Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- – Seasonal decoration, home use
- – Demonstrations, protests, parades