Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Polk Battle Flag 3 X 5 ft. Standard
General Leonidas Polk was the son of a distinguished Revolutionary War officer, and became one of South’s most beloved generals. His first cousin, James K. Polk, was the 11th President of the United States. Polk graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. One of his classmates was Robert E. Lee, who wrote that Polk was viewed “as a model for all that was soldierly, gentlemanly, and honorable.”
Six months after graduating West Point, Polk decided to take up the cloth as a clergyman, rising to Bishop of the Episcopal Church in Louisiana. Then, after many years as a minister, the Civil War began, and Polk put on his sword. The Polk Battle Flag takes after the well-known Southern Cross, but features an upright cross with the colors reversed, in reference to Polk’s career as a clergyman.
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades
You have not viewed any product yet.