Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Liberty in Moon Flag -Fort Moultrie Flag 12 x 18 inch (Alt Version)
Liberty in Moon Flag – Fort Moultrie Flag (alt design)
This is the Liberty in Moon Flag, a slight variation in design from the traditional Fort Moultrie flag.
- Size: 12×18 inch
- Easily Clips to pole with metal grommets
It was 1775 when American Colonel Moultrie took possession of a fort in South Carolina, and he needed a flag. His troops’ clothing was blue. They had silver crescents on their caps, and the words “Liberty or Death.” So a blue flag was sewn, with a crescent in the upper corner. In Moultrie’s words, “This was the first American flag displayed in the South.” The next year, 1776, the Americans were defending Fort Sullivan in a battle with the British. The blue flag was flying, but during the fight it fell down onto the beach, outside the fort. Sergeant William Jasper leaped over the parapet, ran the length of the fort and recovered the flag. He managed to get back into the fort and get the flag fastened and flying again. The Americans fought off the British, and saved the fort. Fort Sullivan was later renamed Moultrie, in honor of Colonel Moultrie’s stand against the British.
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades