German Nazi Zeppelin Corps Flag, Historical Flag with Swastika 3 X 5 ft. Standard
Nazi Germany Zeppelin Corps Flag
-In use until 1940
A flag used at pre-war Zeppelin bases and installations, and because the Zeppelin itself was already obsolete, the Zeppelin Corps became one of the shortest-lived German service branches of World War II. After the German invasion of Poland in 1939, the Luftwaffe ordered the last two Zeppelin airships moved to a large Zeppelin hangar in Frankfurt. In March of 1940 Göring ordered their destruction and the aluminum fed into the Nazi war industry. In May a fire broke out in the Zeppelin facility which destroyed most of the remaining parts. The rest of the parts and materials were soon scrapped with almost no trace of the German “Giants of the Air” remaining by the end of the year.
Zeppelins were used by Germany during World War 1, often armed with machine guns. At that time they saw service in France and other European countries, as well as over Great Britain. Both the German Army and and Navy operated zeppelins. Used for both reconnaissance and bombing, they were nearly as fast as the airplanes of that time. The German Nazi Zeppelin Corps used these airships for public relations during the 1930’s, but they also saw use in reconnaissance and intelligence gathering. For example, a zeppelin was used along the British coast to try to determine whether specific towers were being used as radar stations.
See Our Nazi Germany Flag Collection Here.
Check out our entire Collection of WW2 Flags Here.
We are adding more and more daily!