Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
First (1st) Confederate Flag 2 X 3 ft. Junior
First (1st) Confederate Flag
Used from 1861-1863
Also called the “Stars and Bars Flag” and “First National Flag.”
First flown over the Montgomery, Alabama, capitol building on 4 March 1861, This flag was chosen out of hundreds of proposed designs which had been submitted to the provisional Confederate Government and then voted on by the Provisional Confederate Congress.
It was originally adopted with 7 stars (one for each member of the existing new Confederacy) however stars were added as new states broke from the United States to join the Confederacy.
It was later changed after public opinion deemed that it too closely resembled the flag of the Union. There is also speculation that this flag was too easily confused on a crowded and smoky battlefield for the Union flag and may have lead to soldiers following the wrong flags into and out of battle in the confusion.
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester
- Our most popular quality level
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Designs are through-dyes and visible on both sides
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades
See All Flags in This Stars & Bars Collection
1st National Confederate Flags Available Here
2nd National Confederate “Jackson Flag” Flags Available Here
3rd National Confederate Flags / Blood Stained Banner is Available Here!
See Full Confederate States of America Collection Here
See Our Ultimate Rebel & Confederate Complete Collection Available Here
You have not viewed any products yet.
There are no reviews yet.