Cherokee Braves Flag
Sometimes known as the “Cherokee Brigade Flag,” the design is based on the Confederate First National Flag pattern. The canton (upper left) is blue with eleven white stars in a circle, surrounding five red stars representing the Five Civilized Tribes (Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw and Seminole). The red star in the center represents the Cherokee Nation, the last one in the alliance. “Cherokee Braves” is lettered in red in the center of the white stripe.
Cherokees had long been used to “close-range combat,” so they were masters of the irregular warfare of guerilla tactics. During the Civil War, Cherokees typically selected terrain for their camps that allowed them to conduct hit-and-run tactics, limited enemies in their attack formations, and gave them an easy escape route through familiar terrain.
- – Our most popular quality level
- – 100% synthetic waterproof material
- – Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
- – Bright, fade-resistant inks
- – Double stitched edges all around
- – Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- – Attaches easily to any flag pole with grommets
- – Fair weather outdoor display
- – Light weight lets flags fly well even in light breeze
- – Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- – Seasonal decoration, home use
- – Demonstrations, protests, parades
You have not viewed any products yet.