Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Alaska Flag 3 x 5 ft. – Standard Polyester Double Sided
Alaska Flag – AK Flags for Sale
Size: 3×5 ft
Alaska entered the Union in 1959, but its flag dates to 1927 and a contest held by the American Legion. The territory of Alaska had no flag of its own, and one was needed. The prize was awarded to John Bell (Benny) Benson, a 13-year old Aleut who lived in an orphanage in Seward. In his submission, Benny said that the “…blue field is for the Alaska sky and the forget-me-not, an Alaskan flower.” Benny also explained that the “…Dipper is for the Great Bear – symbolizing strength.” In the upper right the North Star is shown, “…for the future state of Alaska, the most northerly in the Union.” On the flag, Polaris, the North Star, is larger than the stars of the Big Dipper. (Because of sloppy mass production techniques some flags have all the stars the same size.)
Standard Quality – Super-weave polyester in Double Sided
- Our most popular quality level in Double Sided – for longer life
- 100% synthetic waterproof material
- Design is visible on both sides – Double Sided means 2 flags sewn back to back -nothing backwards
- Bright, fade-resistant dye
- Double stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings
- Attaches easily to any flag pole
- Fair weather outdoor display
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades
You have not viewed any products yet.
There are no reviews yet.