African-American Flag (UNIA Flag) 4 X 6 Inch pack of 10
This flag was presented by the Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey and the members of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League of the World on August 13th, 1920. It gives those of African descent, anywhere in the world, a single flag to represent them as a group.
Red, black and green are the official colors of the 1920 Declaration of Rights. These colors and the flag served as an African symbol of unity. The significance of the red, black, and green was explained this way:
Red was for the “color of the blood which men must shed for their redemption and liberty”, black for “the color of the noble and distinguished race to which we belong,” and green for “the luxuriant vegetation of our Motherland.
- – Our most popular quality level
- – 100% synthetic waterproof materials
- – Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
- – Bright, fade-resistant inks
- Fair weather outdoor displays
- Desk tops, table centerpiece decoration
- Excellent for events, indoor display and theatrical use
- Seasonal decoration, home use
- Demonstrations, protests, parades