The Hawaii Flag was accepted in 1816. It has the British Union Jack in the top left corner. The Hawaii Flag has red and white stripes like the U.S. Flag but there are two blue stripes. In total, there are eight stripes, each standing for one of the eight islands.
FLAG QUALITY AND USES
Construction: Nylon printed with gold fringe
- Made from long lasting Nylon
- Ceremonial Gold fringe stitched around edges
- Double thickness/texture of the "Standard Quality" flags
- Long lasting, bright and beautiful
- Designs are through-printed and visible on both sides
- Double and quad stitched edges all around
- Reinforced grommet holes with metal rings for added durability
- Attaches easily to any flag pole (indoor or outdoor)
- Fair weather use only/indoor
- Parades, events and honor displays
- Schools, civic events, Scouting
- Long term decoration use
Note: Fringe is securely attached but limits outdoor usage.